First Level Master's Diploma
Online Master Programme “Electoral Policy and Administration” (MEPA)
Master in Electoral Policy and Administration
Location: The Master will be offered online, with an optional residential phase in Pisa up to 3 weeks (usually during the month of June and of November, provided that there is a minimum of 10 students attending the residential phase).
Dates: Students can start attending the Programme at two different times per year: 1 Octobe or 1 April.
Italian University credits: Maximum 67.
- Online component – 9/10 months for a total of 480 hours (excluding individual study)
- Optional internship – min. 300 hours
- Preparation and public defence of the thesis – 3 months
- Optional residential component – max. 3 weeks to be held in autumn or in spring at the Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna.
- Optional additional online module – min. 50 hours
Participant Number: The Master has not a maximum number of places available.
Teaching language: English.
Course fee: 10.000,00 Euro
Application deadline: It will be possible to apply any time and applicants will be informed about their result within 8 weeks from the date of their application.
MEPA is an online Master Programme providing comprehensive advanced learning on electoral processes for current and aspiring election professionals. The Programme is based on the 2014 International IDEA designed “Model Curriculum – Master of Electoral Policy and Administration”, which is piloted for the first time. The MEPA Curriculum framework relies on the concept of the electoral cycle, pioneered by International IDEA. The average duration of the Programme is one year. Students may opt to complete the degree within a longer timeframe. However, the maximum duration of the Programme should not exceed two years. Internships are encouraged but they are not compulsory in order to earn the Master degree. Individual modules are also available, leading to the attainment of a Certificate of Completion of the specific module taken.
It targets mid/upper level professionals who want to acquire the specific knowledge and skills to work as election administrators, and/or to work as a part of Election Management Bodies (EMBs).
The main educational goals of the Master in Electoral Policy and Administration are as follows:
1) To offer advanced preparation to those individuals interested in pursuing a career as professional in the field of Electoral Policy and Administration and those already working in this field;
2) To respond to a global, structural demand for qualified electoral administrators;
3) To contribute to reduce the gender gap in electoral administration by contributing to strengthen women’s role in this sector, including in senior positions.
The lectures covered by the Master Programme will adopt an intercultural perspective and a cross-disciplinary approach. Teaching methodologies will rely on the analysis of real situations and concrete examples, and will include a high number of drills, simulations and/or role-plays.ù
How to apply
Applicants shall enter their application online, at www.sssup.it/MEPA/applications for the Master Programme and at www.santannapisa.it/mepa/application/modules for individual modules. Applicants are strongly advised to carefully fill in all the compulsory fields, included the field devoted to the description of their motivational profile. The fields that do not contain the information requested will not be considered valid.
The following documents shall be enclosed with the online application:
- CV/ résumé;
- Transcript of all records of the BA degree (or equivalent), with the marks of each single exam passed and, if applicable, the final mark, issued by the applicant’s University and written either in Italian, or English, or French, or German, or Spanish. Applicants are informed that in case the BA degree transcript is missing, the application will be considered inadmissible;
- Copy of passport or ID valid document;
- Copy of last payslip if a scholarship is requested (only for the Master Programme)
- It will be possible to apply any time and applicants will be informed about their result within 8 weeks from the date of their application.
The tuition fee for the full Programme is 10.000,00 Euro, payable in three instalments of 4.000,00 Euro, 3.000,00 Euro and 3.000,00 Euro. Individual modules are also available. The fee for each MEPA module is 850,00 Euro. Starting from the second module, a 10% discount on the fee of the second and third module is applied and a 15% discount is applied on the fourth and fifth module. It is possible to select up to 5 modules. The fee for an individual module shall be paid in one tranche.
The Scuola and UNITAR may award partial fee reductions to talented students in need of financial aid based on merit, distinctive competences and academic excellence. In particular, every selection round the Scuola and UNITAR may offer up to three fee reductions of 30% to candidates coming from Least Developed Countries (LDCs) that reach at least 85 points out of 100 and that are in need of financial aid. Fee reductions are subjected to availability of funds.
At the end of the Master Programme, those students who have regularly settled the tuition costs and have passed all the required examinations and successfully presented the Master Thesis will receive from Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna a First Level Master’s Diploma, in accordance with art. 3 of the Italian DM no. 270/2004. The degree is awarded according to the rules and regulations set by the Italian and EU education system. Giving its specificity it does not give general access to Doctoral studies (Phd and similar). Validation of credits for access to such programmes can be requested from competent institutions.
For individual modules, those students that have regularly settled the tuition costs and have passed all the required examinations will receive a Certificate of Completion and the respective academic credits.
File PDF - 3045 kb
File PDF - 3047 kb
File PDF - 192 kb
File PDF - 1301 kb
File PDF - 69 kb
File PDF - 81 kb
File PDF - 74 kb
File PDF - 71 kb
File PDF - 71 kb
File PDF - 253 kb