The Institute of Economics carries out research and training activities in the field of empirical and theoretical economics. Our main lines of research include:
- The theory and empirics of firm-industry dynamics, with specific focus on firm growth, productivity, export, innovative active and external financing
- The economics of innovation and technical change (sources, institutions and consequences)
- Micro and macro agent-based models, with particular attention to both the real side of the economy and the banking/financial sectors
- Empirical and theoretical analysis of micro and macroeconomic networks, especially in finance, trade, foreign direct investment, migration and mobility
- Individual, organizational and collective decisions beyond the rational choice paradigm
- Evolutionary foundations of macro-economics
- Evolutionary finance
- Economic history of technology and technical change
- Industrial and technological policies in industrialized and developing countries
- Applied statistics and econometrics
- Political, social and economic consequences of climate change
We welcome and favour dialogue between empirical investigations, theoretical developments and normative contributions - concerning both corporate management and public policies - offering an interdisciplinary environment in which different research interests and competencies, ranging from Economics, to Information Sciences, Mathematics and Physics meet and can be fruitfully integrated.
Our researchers are well nested in an international network, also through the participation to various national and international research projects.
Historically, most of the research activities have been undertaken within the LEM - Laboratory of Economics and Management. Now all research and training activities have been taken over by the Institute, but LEM still keeps its brandname on a prestigious Working Paper Series.
Un corso di alta formazione sulla storia economica, rivolto ad allievi di dottorato su questa disciplina, allargata alla dimensione della storia sociale, è promosso in maniera congiunta dall’Istituto di Economia della Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna e dalla Scuola Normale Superiore
L'Istituto di Economia, in collaborazione con Young Scholar Initiative (YSI-INET), organizzerà il 28 settembre una giornata di studio dal titolo "Freewheeling Econometrics. The Econometrics of Complex Evolving Economies". L'obiettivo del workshop è di interrogarsi sui potenziali limiti dell'econometria standard
Il “nobel del management” viene conferito per la prima volta a uno studioso europeo e, in particolare, al Direttore dell’Istituto di Economia della Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna, Giovanni Dosi, riconosciuto a livello internazionale come uno degli scienziati con maggiore capacità di analisi e di prospettiva per le questioni di carattere macroeconomico
On firm exit during the Great Recession: a tale of two crises?
Tommaso Ferraresi - IRPET
The Institute of Economics will hold the next meeting of its Seminar Series on Tuesday, April 4, 2017: Tommaso Ferraresi, from IRPET, will present the paper
Seminario: Economics and Power
ROBERT SKIDELSKY - UNIVERSITY OF WARWICK
Seminario: The Effects of Fiscal Targets in a Currency Union: A Multi-Country Agent Based-Stock Flow Consistent Model
, Sede centrale - Aula 3
Alessandro Caiani (Università Politecnica delle Marche)