What: Every checked item can be renewed if
- It is not requested by other users;
- You don’t exceed the renewals allowed;
- Your borrowing privileges are not blocked for overdue materials.
The renewal period is the same as the loan, and runs from the date on which you do it.
Who: All the users of the Library, except those with blocked accounts for overdue materials. Affiliated members can renew an item twice, alumni and non-affiliated members once.
- Online, through OneSearch. Go to the login page, enter your Library card Number and Password and select My Account. Check the title you want to renew and click on Renew Selected.
- Online, through the Library catalogue. Go to My Library Card and login with your Library card Number and Password. In the loans list, select the item to be renewed clicking on the underlined number and then on the Renew button.
- By e-mail. When you receive the courtesy notice, reply the librarian asking to renew.
- In person. Come to the Circulation Desk and tell the librarian what the title to renew is.
What: If the item you're looking for is checked out to another customer, you can place a hold for that item; when returned, the item is put aside for you to collect. You can’t place a request if the item status is On shelf, with the exception of books placed in the external stocks (see Request books from the external stocks).
Who: All the users of the Library, except those with blocked accounts for overdue materials.
- Online, through OneSearch. Once found the book checked out in the result list, select the tab Location and click on Check if you can request this copy; login with your Library card Number and Password and click on Hold. You may cancel the request at any time logging into My Account.
- Online, through the Library catalogue. Search the catalogue to find the title of the item you wish to reserve, select All items and then Request; login with your Library card Number and Password and click on the Go button. You may cancel the request at any time logging into My Library Card.
- In person. Come to the Circulation Desk and ask the librarian to place the hold for you.
We will email you when your requested item is ready to collect, we’ll keep it at the Circulation Desk for one week.