Scuola superiore sant'anna
Clara Della valle
- LESSONS AND CONFERENCES
Clara della Valle holds a Bachelor’s degree in Political Sciences, a Master’s degree in International Relations (both cum laude) from the LUISS University (Rome), and a second-level Master’s degree in European Political and Administrative Studies from the College of Europe (Bruges campus). During her Bachelor's degree, she did an Erasmus exchange at Sciences Po Aix (Aix en Provence). She has worked as an intern for the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the NPO Rondine Cittadella della Pace (Arezzo). She has also worked as a journalist in Rome for two years, becoming giornalista pubblicista in 2013. She is currently enrolled in the Ph.D. Program in Politics, Human Rights and Sustainability, where she focuses on the EU approach to supporting women’s rights and empowerment in Tunisia, moving from a ‘bottom-up’ perspective. In the frame of her doctoral research, she has conducted a six-months fieldwork in Tunisia, based at the Institut de Recherche sur le Maghreb Contemporain (IRMC).
Contributo su Rivista
- della Valle, Clara
On women's agency and western representations: EU approach to women's rights in Tunisia
1-15 COMILLAS JOURNAL OF INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS (2018)
Volume nr. : 11
Issue nr. : 1
Her main research interests include the European Neighbourhood Policy (with particular reference to the Southern neighbourhood); Post-colonial studies; Gender studies; Tunisian feminist movements; Grounded Theory methodologies.
- ‘A gap between rhetoric and performance? EU Normative Power applied to Tunisia and Egypt’s transitions’, given within the course ‘EU: a Civilian Power in a Transnational Context’, held by Prof. Anna Loretoni, Master in ‘International Studies and Transnational Governance’. Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna (Pisa), 12 Novembre 2015.
- ‘Una transizione fragile. Il rapporto tra Stato e società civile in Tunisia’ (with Ester Sigillò), given within the course in ‘Relazioni Internazionali’ held by Prof. Emilio Diodato, Master in ‘Relazioni Internazionali e Cooperazione allo Sviluppo’. Università per Stranieri (Perugia), 16 Aprile 2018.
- ‘Sguardi di genere. Storia e attualità dei movimenti femminili nell’Impero Ottomano, in Turchia, e in Tunisia’ (with Çiğdem Oguz), given within the course in ‘Storia dei Paesi Islamici’ held by Prof. Renata Pepicelli. Dipartimento di Civilità e Forme del Sapere, Università di Pisa (Pisa), 10 Maggio 2018.
Conferences and Seminars:
- Organization of the Seminar ‘Deteriorating Human Rights and Freedom in Egypt. Reflections after the Regeni murder’ in honour of Giulio Regeni (with Alessandro Tinti, Prof. Anna Loretoni, Prof. Francesco Strazzari, Prof. Andrea de Guttry, Dr. Serena Giusti). Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna (Pisa), 12/05/2016.
- Organization of the Seminar ‘La ricerca accademica sul campo: rischi e responsabilità’ in honour of Giulio Regeni (with Alessandro Tinti, Prof. Francesco Strazzari, Prof. Andrea de Guttry). Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna (Pisa), 24/05/2016.
- Paper giver at the workshop ‘Stability and Security in the Mediterranean and the Middle East’ organised by the International Economic Relations (IIER/IDOS) of Athens in collaboration with the School of Government of LUISS Guido Carli University (Rome); University of Catania; Group d’études et de recherches sur le Monde Arab contemporaine à l’Université Catholique de Louvain (GERMAC); Department of Mediterranean Studies, University of the Aegean (Rhodes); Research Unit on European and International Studies (University of Zaragoza), the Parliamentary Assembly of the Mediterranean. Athens, 26-28 May 2016.
- Paper giver at the XXX Convegno Società Italiana di Scienza Politica (SISP); Section 8: ‘International Relations’; Panel 8.4: ‘The quest for a new EU Global Strategy. Between theories and practice’. Milan, 15-17 September 2016.
- Speaker at the round-table ‘Giulio Regeni, l’Egitto, e i rischi della ricerca accademica’ (with Lorenzo Declich) at the Festival ‘Crocevia di Frontiere’ within UmbriaLibri. Foligno, 18-20 Novembre 2016.
- Participation to ‘MED2016 – Rome Mediterranean Dialogues’ organized by MAE and ISPI. Rome, 01-03 December 2016.
- Contribution to the organization of the conference ‘Diversity. Un approccio interdisciplinare’, promoted by Cross-Think Lab and Trim2 Srl. Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna (Pisa), 13 December 2016.
- Presentation of the research project at the Atelier Doctoral de l’IRMC (with Prof. Jean-Pierre Cassarino). Institut de Recherche sur le Maghreb Contemporain (Tunis), 27 March 2017.
- Participation to Les Journées Doctoral de l’IRMC ‘Interdisciplinarité et nouvaux objets de recherche’. Institut de Recherche sur le Maghreb Contemporain (Tunis), 10-11 May 2017.
- Paper giver at the conference ‘Europe as a Global Actor’, ISCTE-IUL (Lisbon), 19-20 June 2017.
- Paper giver at the Fifth World Congress for Middle Eastern Studies (WOCMES), University of Seville (Seville); 16-20 July 2018.
- Paper giver (with Serena Giusti) at the GLOBUS Workshop ‘Gender and EU Foreign Policy’. University College Dublin (Dublin), 29-30 November 2018.
- Speaker at the round-table of the Cineforum 'Nove giorni al Cairo. Tortura e omicidio di Giulio Regeni' (with Arturo Marzano, Lorenzo Declich, Renata Pepicelli, Francesco Tamburini). Università di Pisa (Pisa), 29 January 2019.