ADVANCED EDUCATION COURSES
Training Course Development Law, Policy and Advocacy (DELPA)
APPLICATIONS WILL OPEN SOON.
Application deadline: autumn-winter 2021 (to be published)
Classroom training: January March 2022
The main recipients of the Course are those who wish to carry out or actually already carry out work and professional activities in the fields of advocacy, development policies, protection of human rights, whether in non-governmental organizations or any other governmental institutions.
The Development Law, Policy and Advocacy (DELPA) course, organized in collaboration with Caritas Internationalis, includes a first classroom training module and a second training internship module at one of the organizations affiliated with the Sant'Anna High School. The course intends to respond to the training needs in the subjects under investigation (advocacy, development policies, protection of human rights) in an organic and multidisciplinary method, combining scientific knowledge and practical skills.
The Educational Objective of the Course is the training of qualified operators able to carry out advocacy activities or activities related to the processing and implementation of development policies within non-governmental or international or national organizations, which operate in the areas of development and protection of human rights.
The teaching methodologies, in consideration of the nature of the course and of the training object, as well as of the recipients of the Course, provide for the integration between content of theoretical and scientific framework and study and practical-applicative knowledge, gained in various professional contexts.
The Course syllabus is structured as follows:
- a first module (classroom training, divided into general and specialist training), held from the headquarters of the Sant’Anna School of Advanced Studies through WEBEX online platform between January and March 2022for a total of n. 120 hours on Thursday (02.30-6.30 p.m.), Friday (9.00 a.m./01.00 p.m.; 02.30/6.30 p.m.) and Saturday (9.00 a.m./01.00 p.m.; 02.30/6.30 p.m.);
- a second module (training internships) to be held at the institutions and organizations affiliated with Sant’Anna School of Advanced Studies on the second semester of the academic year 2020/2021 for a total of n. 120 hours.
MAIN ISSUES COVERED
- Agenda 2030, SDGs, and Sustainable Development
- Human-Rights Based Approach
- Poverty and Inequality
- Implementing Development
- Peace, Justice, Global Governance and Rule of Law
- Advocacy as a Strategy for Systemic Change
- Zeroing Hunger, Achieving Food Security
- Water, Ecosystems, Land, Biodiversity
- Energy and Infrastructure
- Vulnerability Exploitation
- Empowerment for Development
- Climate Change, Desertification, Environmental Disasters
At the end of the Course the Sant’Anna School of Advanced Studies will issue a certificate of attendance of legal value, including details of the European Credits obtained to the students who attended at least 80% of the entire training programme, passed the learning assessment tests and have carried out the n. 120 hours of internship required.