PHD IN MANAGEMENT INNOVATION, SUSTAINABILITY AND HEALTHCARE - ADMISSIONS OPEN FOR THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2020/2021
Are you interested in a professional / academic career dealing with open innovation or technology transfer? Or are you passionate about sustainable development and circular economy and willing to carry out research and in-field projects on these topics? Or, maybe, are you aiming to support healthcare managers to improve their performance?
Our PhD in management at Sant’Anna School of Advanced Studies is the right place for you!
Please share this post and help other interested students to get a great opportunity.
Sant’Anna School of Advanced Studies is a public university - with special autonomy - working in the field of applied sciences.
Located in the very heart of the historical town of Pisa, Sant'Anna School is ranked by the "Times Higher Education 2018" among the best universities in the World University Rankings (and number 1 in Italy).
The International PhD in Management is a three-year training program, aimed to develop research capabilities and managerial skills, both in the public and private organizations domains.
The program provides a high-profile education and training “pathway” towards a research or professional career, by focusing on the main frontiers of management, as well as by coupling the theoretical and methodological robustness with a pragmatic and operational “practitioner approach”. The PhD candidates follow one of our three main research streams:
- the management of innovation processes and the international competitiveness of firms, institutions, as well as local, regional and national systems. Teaching and research carried out in this area of our PhD program aims to describe, understand, explain and facilitate innovation management in private companies, public administrations and cities/regions. Innovation processes are here interpreted from a technological, managerial, cultural and institutional point of view;
- the management of sustainability in public institutions, private companies and wide territorial areas is specifically focused on resource efficiency, Circular Economy, corporate social responsibility, environmental policies. The Sustainability Management (SuM) research group combines the knowledge of business management and policy making with the principles of sustainable development, through scientific research and empirical investigations;
- the management of healthcare systems relies on international comparisons on governance models and policies to support policy makers and managers to improve performance as well as strategies, to set priorities and to orient behavior in complex systems.
We offer many mandatory and optional courses, such as:
· Surviving Research methodologies in management
· Applied statistics for social science
· Management Theories
· Scientific English for Researchers in Management
· Writing and publishing an academic paper
· Social Network Analysis for Management
· Experimental methodologies for management research
· How to design a study proposal for EU funding
· Economics and management of innovation
· High-Tech Entrepreneurship
· Health management
· Performance management in health care
· Public administration models and accountability
· Sustainability Management
· Life-cycle thinking and environmental footprints
· Natural Capital, climate change and the businesses in the XXI century
· Social Marketing
Every PhD student has a full three-year scholarship and free access to the canteen.
For the academic year 2020/2021, six (6) scholarships are available, one of which is reserved for NON-EU candidates.
Applicants will be given the possibility to run for one of the thematic scholarships that are included among the 6 available. We offer the following specific scholarships:
- a special “David Teece Scholarship” is available for candidates that will commit to carry out research through the peculiar lenses of the “dynamic capabilities theory”
- a scholarship on data-science applied to innovation, sustainability and health-related topics, in connection with the research activities of the EMBEDS Department of Excellence (http://www.embeds.santannapisa.it/)
- additional scholarships may be added thanks to funding coming from private or public entities.
Candidates will have to declare their intention to apply for one of the specific scholarships mentioned above when they will be examined by the PhD Commission.
Deadline for online application submission: 15.06.2020
In the heart of Tuscany, Pisa is the city of science and history. At every corner of the historical city center, you will find a department of its three public universities, or a masterpiece of the ancient times. But Pisa is also a “young town”, a lot of students live here, so you will be able to experience concerts, art exhibitions and vibrant night events. Pisa is well connected to Florence, Siena and the Versilia seaside (just 15 min.), as well as to Rome, Milan and Venice by high-speed trains. The airport of Pisa hosts low-cost companies, and it is very easy to travel across Southern Italy and Europe.
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR ONE ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR IN BIOENGINEERING IN THE FRAMEWORK of the Program Department of Excellence in Robotics & A.I.
The BioRobotics Institute of Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna announces a call for the recruitment of a permanent position of Associate Professor...
INTERNATIONAL EVENTS: Workshop on animal–robot interaction
Are EU Free Trade Agreements for sustainable agriculture strengthening coherence between internal and external actions? A doctoral dissertation conducted at the Dirpolis (Law, Politics and Developemnt) Institute identifies critical points
The European Union’s policy should help to ensure a sustainable approach to food systems and food safety throughout domestic and international...