SANT’ANNA SCHOOL AND THE SECOND PHASE IN COMBATING COVID-19. THE COMMITMENT TO EDUCATION, RESEARCH AND THIRD MISSION ACTIVITIES TO ACCELERATE THE RETURN TO “NEW” NORMAL CONDITIONS AND REOPENING OF ECONOMIES
Sant’Anna School has never stopped teaching, researching and making efforts to produce distance learning continuity programs. Despite the Covid-19 pandemic, Sant’Anna School has ensured the safety and wellbeing of students and staff on campus. A special attention was paid to the students who could not return home by responding to their educational needs, maintaining essential services and ensuring ongoing support.
Over the last few weeks, coronavirus has not infected our research work and publications. Sant’Anna School researchers have authored articles, papers and expressed their opinions highlighting third mission activities and principles around which we can build the so-called "phase two" of the health emergency.
At an institutional level, measures have been taken to make sure that all health and safety procedures are implemented to promote the safety and security of all members of the Sant’Anna community. Key concepts and specific interventions (in Italian) fostering habits, and productive behaviour as we move to the second phase of coronavirus fight, are listed below:
- Covid-19: informazioni, strutture da contattare, comportamenti da seguire. Le indicazioni su disposizioni, provvedimenti, campagne di comunicazione per il contenimento della pandemia e per la conseguente gestione dell’emergenza sanitaria (Only Italian language)
- Covid-19, Pisa City Council donates 2,000 face masks to Sant’Anna school, Scuola Normale and Azienda DSU – Department for Students’ Right to Higher Education. Rector Sabina Nuti expressed gratitude for the donation
- “We are waves of the same sea, leaves of the same tree, flowers of the same garden": former chinese students donate face masks and swab testing kit to Sant’Anna School and Monasterio Foundation
- The role of robotics in combating Covid-19: human-robot interaction can help fight the epidemic. Paolo Dario, professor of BioRobotics at Sant’Anna School, along with twelve colleagues, edited the study in journal Science Robotics
- Combating Covid-19: European Union solidarity and Cooperation in the shared interest of saving lives. Sant’Anna School Rector Sabina Nuti and health care experts united in common cause have posted their opinion on British Medical Journal (BMJ)
- Competence Centre ARTES 4.0 for technology and innovation announces special call for proposals addressing Covid-19 health emergency in Italy
- Covid-19 exacerbates gender inequalities: domestic violence and patriarchal structures expose the cracks in our sociocultural system. Sant’Anna School professor of political philosophy Barbara Henry shares her views on the “European Law and Gender” Blog
- Perché la quarantena da Covid-19 non è uguale per uomini e donne. Anna Loretoni shares her views on the “Strisciarossa” Blog (Only Italian language)
- “Covid-19: Gravità ed eccezionalità, i due cardini di una fase delicata”: article signed by Emanuele Rossi (pdf attached – Only Italian language)
- “Covid-19 e impatto economico: serve un assegno per chi lavora”: interview with Giovanni Dosi (pdf attached – Only Italian language)
- #Stopcovid19 and misinformation: University of Pisa, Sant’Anna School and Scuola Normale Superiore students launch initiative to fight coronavirus fake news promoting video advice and reliable online sources of information
- Online learning with Sant’Anna School during pandemic covid-19: 60 videos covering 20 topics. Sant’Anna School will continue to work to support italian students who are required to stay at home due to the Covid-19 pandemic
- Covid-19, close at a distance: the italian universities have not closed, as Sant’Anna School, but they have adapted: courses, lectures, workshops, meetings, research activities continuing to stay close at a distance and come back, stronger that before, better equipped. The video launched by CRUI (Conferenza dei Rettori delle Università Italiane – Conference of Italian Universiry Rectors)
- Mobile robots for disinfection of healthcare environments: Sant’Anna School Philanthropic Foundation “Il Talento all’Opera” announces Robotica REstart Project funded by Reale Mutua, the parent company of Reale Group
- Ideas, skills, and competences for successful entrepreneurs responding to covid-19 outbreak: join Sant’Anna School Institute of Management and Competence Centre ARTES 4.0 experts on tuesday, May 12 for a webinar focused on business continuity
MERITOCRACY AND SOCIAL MOBILITY AT SANT’ANNA SCHOOL: PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS ARE REQUIRED TO SIT THE ONLINE ADMISSION TEST TOLC@CASA AS PART OF THE SELECTION PROCESS. APPLICANTS ARE ELIGIBLE FOR TRAVEL EXPENSES REIMBURSEMENT WHEN TAKING SECOND ADMISSION TEST
The higher education Italian public institution Sant’Anna School in Pisa offers 50 places to skilled, talented applicants who can complete the...
ONLINE LEARNING WITH SANT’ANNA SCHOOL DURING PANDEMIC COVID-19: 60 VIDEOS COVERING 20 TOPICS. Sant’Anna School will continue to work to support Italian students who are required to stay at home due to the Covid-19 pandemic
Sant’Anna School will continue to work to support Italian students who are required to stay at home due to the Covid-19 pandemic. At Sant’Anna...