- IRIS: Improve Resilience of Industry Sector
The project Life IRIS aims at supporting SMEs in becoming more resilient to climate change, by mean of adaptation measures. Identification and implementation of measures will be carried out through a cluster approach, where cluster means:
• group of business located in a same productive area
• group of business related one another through the same supply chain (beer supply chain).
The main objectives of the project are:
• Improve the resilience of industry sector
• Contribute to the development of a climate-resilient, low carbon, resources efficient economy
• Foster the diffusion of financial tools aimed at rewarding resilient enterprises or enterprises belonging to resilient industrial clusters
• Promote adaptation actions in the industry sector based on an ecosystem approach, also developing green infrastructures and payments for ecosystem services (PES), if appropriate
• Strengthen synergies among adaptation measures and other environmental issues (floods and droughts, water scarcity, biodiversity conservation, air quality and resource efficiency).