PROBIOMEDICA Srl, founded July 14 2015, is an innovative start-up that combines, photonics and robotics, engineering and biology, aiming to develop innovative devices for application to health and personal care. Probiomedica is spin off of University of Florence and Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna of Pisa, Italy.
The product around PROBIOMEDICA Srl was born is CapsuLight, a swallowable capsule for the therapy of the Helicobacter pylori, a bacterium affecting the stomach mucosa.
CapsuLight is a small capsule, as small as an antibiotic pill, that emits light at specific wavelengths in the red and the blue, thus killing the bacterium by means of light and absolutely without drugs. There are not drugs anymore, and related side effects neither. It is disposable and safe, because it relies on technologies available on the market since 15 years.
CapsuLight, an “antibiotic” light! The new way for providing therapy…
- CapsuLight, medical product for the treatment of infection with Helicobacter pylor
- consulting services for mechanical and electronic design, public funding calls writing and accounting , optics and photonics consulting
PROBIOMEDICA Srl is also interested in:
- industrial partnerships for CapsuLight device production
- investors interested in participating in the first phase
- venture capital investment to start the production and to enter the market