2ND LEVEL MASTER “PERIOPERATIVE MEDICINE OF CONGENITAL HEART DISEASES”
2nd Level Master “Perioperative medicine of Congenital Heart Diseases”
The main goal of the Master consists in developing scientific, technical and cultural background for the management of patients with congenital heart disease through an interdisciplinary approach.
The Master will provide anesthesiologists/intensive care physicians, cardiologists, cardiac surgeons, pediatricians/neonatologists with key elements to assure congenital heart disease patients the best and up-to-date treatment.
Who is it for:
The master “Perioperative medicine of Congenital Heart Diseases” is designed for physicians that work with congenital heard disease patients.
European and Non-European citizens in possess a University Degree in Medicine (or an equivalent qualification) and Specialization in Anesthesia and/or Intensive Care, Cardiac Surgery, Cardiology, Pediatrics and/or Neonatology (or an equivalent qualification) can apply. Other University Degree qualifications could be accepted under the Evaluation Committee assessment.
Students who are enrolled in University programs and expect to gain the Specialization Degree within the beginning of the Master are also eligible.
The master aims to:
1) provide the fundamental knowledge for the diagnostics and treatment of patients with congenital heart diseases from the prenatal period to the grown up age
2) give a specific insight in the congenital heart disease pre-, intra- and post-operative/procedure process;
3) illustrate the theory and practice of the state of art in the field of congenital heart diseases
4) develop clinical and management skills that can enable a correct understanding and compilation of core pathways in congenital heart diseases in different geographic backgrounds
5) give the basis of multidisciplinary team work in the process of clinical evaluation and shared therapeutic decision-making
The Master Course has a duration of 18 months for a total of 700 teaching hours, divided as follows:
- 160 hours of classroom seminars and lectures;
- 240 hours of on-line learning (e-learning platform, open source Moodle);
- 300 hours of residential training programs in Fondazione G. Monasterio, Regione Toscana-CNR, Massa and in other qualified international Institutions selected by the Master’s Direction
The Master Program is structured in the following main areas:
- Anesthesiology and Intensive Care: to acquire theoretical and practical knowledge regarding the peri-operative/procedural evaluation and risk stratification of patients with congenital heart disease, as well as management of the critical phases of the diagnostic and therapeutic approach.
- Cardiology: to acquire the advanced knowledge on diagnostics and therapeutics, as well as the principles of interventional cardiology for the management of congenital heart disease patients.
- Cardiac Surgery: to acquire advanced and up to date knowledge and expertise in the surgical treatment of congenital heart diseases.
- Imaging: to acquire the correct indication and interpretative basis of main imaging techniques in order to optimize the peri-operative/procedure process and management.
Applicants should submit their application on-line
Master tuition fee is € 3.500,00 and warrants participation to all teaching activities including front lessons, practical internships, access to the e.learning platform for the entire duration of the Master Course and lunch during the lecture weeks at Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna as well as tutoring and assistance for preparation of the project work.
At the end of the Course, students who have attended at least 90% of the entire teaching program, passed all the required examinations, attended at least 250 hours of internship and successfully discussed the Project Work will receive from Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna a 2nd Level University Master’s Degree.