The Institute of Economics carries out research and training activities in the field of empirical and theoretical economics. Our main lines of research include:
- The theory and empirics of firm-industry dynamics, with specific focus on firm growth, productivity, export, innovative active and external financing
- The economics of innovation and technical change (sources, institutions and consequences)
- Micro and macro agent-based models, with particular attention to both the real side of the economy and the banking/financial sectors
- Empirical and theoretical analysis of micro and macroeconomic networks, especially in finance, trade, foreign direct investment, migration and mobility
- Individual, organizational and collective decisions beyond the rational choice paradigm
- Evolutionary foundations of macro-economics
- Evolutionary finance
- Economic history of technology and technical change
- Industrial and technological policies in industrialized and developing countries
- Applied statistics and econometrics
- Political, social and economic consequences of climate change
We welcome and favour dialogue between empirical investigations, theoretical developments and normative contributions - concerning both corporate management and public policies - offering an interdisciplinary environment in which different research interests and competencies, ranging from Economics, to Information Sciences, Mathematics and Physics meet and can be fruitfully integrated.
Our researchers are well nested in an international network, also through the participation to various national and international research projects.
Historically, most of the research activities have been undertaken within the LEM - Laboratory of Economics and Management. Now all research and training activities have been taken over by the Institute, but LEM still keeps its brandname on a prestigious Working Paper Series.
La Scuola Sant’Anna ha inaugurato l’anno accademico 2018/2019: alla cerimonia il Presidente della BCE, Mario Draghi, a cui il Rettore Pierdomenico Perata e il Rettore della federata Scuola IUSS, Michele di Francesco, hanno conferito il PhD Honoris Causa in Economics
Un'allieva perfezionanda in Economics, Martina Occelli, è risultata l’unica italiana vincitrice della borsa di studio “BCFN Yes! 2018”, in occasione del nono Forum Internazionale su Alimentazione e Nutrizione organizzato dalla Fondazione Barilla
La Scuola Sant’Anna continua ad affermarsi nei ranking internazionali, in quelli generali e in quelli di settore. Nuovi successi arrivano da “Times Higher Education” che ha reso note le classifiche dei migliori atenei al mondo per due settori, “Social Sciences” e “Business & Economics”
Characterizing growth instability: evidence on unit roots and structural breaks in long run time series
Emanuele Russo - Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna
The Institute of Economics will hold a meeting of its Seminar Series on Tuesday, Deecember 18, 2018: Emanuele Russo, from Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna, will present the paper "Characterizing growth instability: evidence on unit roots and structural breaks in long run time series".
Seminario: Economic Fitness and Complexity
, Sede centrale - Aula 3
Luciano Pietronero - Sapienza University of Rome and CNR