ERIS is a group addressing emerging fields of research in international/transnational politics, with a focus on regional security, critical geopolitics and political economy. We study conflict and social change with attention to dynamics of peripheralization, control and liberation. Our main research lines cluster around:
- critical approaches to security: security (and humanitarian) discourses, practices and technologies;
- reconfigurations of territoriality and regional security models: critical border studies, hybrid security orders, extra-legal economies and resource wars;
- state formation and transformation: transnational organised crime, terrorism, foreign fighters.
Our research projects focus on the MENA region, the Sahel and West Africa, Eastern Europe, the Caucasus and the Balkans.
Our research blog:
- (2017-18) EUNPACK - A conflict sensititve unpacking of the EU comprehensive approach to conflict and crisis mechanism, funded by the EU H2020
- (2017) SAFTE - Studying the Acquisition of illicit Firearms by Terrorists in Europe, funded by the EC-DG Home Internal Security Fund
- 1th Pan-European Conference on International Relations (EISA) "The politics of international studies in an age of crisis", Barcelona 13-16 September 2017 - Young Researchers’ Workshop: "Dissecting the radical: knowledge production and policy-making through the (de-)radicalisation prism", organised by Alessandra Russo (Sciences Po Bordeaux and Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna) and Selenica Ervjola (University of Trento)
Who we are
|Francesco Strazzari (Coordinator)|
|Ruth Maria Hanau Santini|
|Hans Van Der Veen|
Source: Mario Ragazzi: www.ragazziconsulting.com