Health Science, Technology and Management
The new Ph.D. Course in Health Science, Technology and Management involves the involvement of all the Institutes of the Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna (Life Sciences, Biorobotics, TeCIP, Management, Dirpolis, Economics).
The Doctoral Course concerns the topic of health and of the equity of health systems (HS): characterized by complexity, interdisciplinarity and dynamism, they require innovation and management skills to be sustainable and ensure adequate levels of care for their clients. This course aims to train researchers and professionals with an interdisciplinary background in order to face the most current challenges:
- the development of tailored strategies for health management in internal areas, ensuring both the proximity of patient services and the excellence of the healthcare offer,
- the improvement of relations between different HS both at national interregional level and between States,
- reducing the gap between the advancement of knowledge and technological advancements and their implementation within the processes of diagnosis and treatment,
- the resilience of the HS in emergency health situations, such as the Covid-19 pandemic,
- the defense of the most fragile categories among the population by age, sex, comorbid condition, wealth, fragility, health coverage,
- the analysis of the values of family, work, social, intergenerational relationships in the evolution of the categories of pathology,
- improving relations between different HS both at national interregional, and international level between States,
- the assessment of the impact of ethical-legal aspects of health processes, in particular in matters relating to the citizens' privacy and health.
The main objective of the Doctoral Course is to provide a high-level training course through the adoption of a multi- and interdisciplinary approach, coordinating and integrating among them the skills and excellence of the different disciplinary areas that the School owns and using disciplinary instruments relating to the medical, bioengineering, computer science, economics and management, philosophical, social, legal and legal sciences.
The course is subject to accreditation by the MIUR.
Once accredited, the selection announcement will be issued.