Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna di Pisa
- Lenght from 01.01.2017 to 31.12.2017
- Deadline for application submission 30.11.2016
- Maximum Number of Participants 20
- Tuition fees 5.000 euro
- Registration URL DOMANDA DI ISCRIZIONE
- CFU Credits 70
- Training hours 850
The Master is endorsed by ERA-EDTA*
The targeted use of ultrasound and color Doppler allows the diagnosis of 90% of renal diseases. This is why a growing number of young clinicians in the visual medicine era are increasingly interested in this not invasive, reliable and well tolerated imaging technique. This cultural process has to be accompanied with high quality learning processes with a multidisciplinary training on current topics on diagnostic and interventional nephrology. The aim of this Second Master in Diagnostic and interventional applications of Ultrasound in nephrology is to train interns and young nephrologists in this diagnostic technique with an intensive theoretical and practical educational project with the primary objective of forming new generations in diagnostic and interventional applications of ultrasound in Nephrology. The teaching plan includes classroom teaching, multimedia platform training and finally a phase of simulation training and clinical practice training in ultrasound labs. The Second Master in Diagnostic and interventional applications of Ultrasound in nephrology is opened to all residents and specialists. The students will receive the second level Master Diploma from the S. Anna School of Advanced Studies. The official language will be English and Italian.
Applicants for the Master Course shall be European and Non-European citizens who possess a University degree in Medicine (or an equivalent qualification).
The specialization or the subscription to the specialization in Nephrology, Internal Medicine or Diagnostic imaging will be evaluated as additional titles.
Good knowledge of English and Italian language (for non Italian candidates) is also required.
The objective of the Master is the theoretical and practical training on clinical applications of ultrasound in Nephrology. The educational planning of the Master must ensure and stimulate the learning of ultrasound and color Doppler methods, of theoretical knowledge and standardization of clinical and ultrasound parameters and, finally, of practical competence by providing the tools to perform clinical and diagnostic consultation on many pathologies that affect patients with chronic kidney disease, or in dialysis/transplanted patients.
The Master will have a total duration of 850 hours (including 520 hours of classroom lessons and 330 hours of practical training activities) according to the following teaching methods:
- Classroom training (classroom teaching integrated with e-learning modules, movies, self-assessment tests and bibliographic links available on certified e-learning platform) – 430 hours;
- Interactive practical activities in small groups in the Unit of Internal Medicine of the University Hospital of Santa Chiara, Pisa – 90 hours;
- Certified individual practical activity with or without tutors in the Health Unit of students or in Universities/Hospitals affiliated with the Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna, with tutors – 330 hours.
The final exam will be a practical test in the ultrasound lab of the Unit of Internal Medicine of the University Hospital of Santa Chiara, Pisa and a written dissertation (Master Thesis) about the project work carried out during the internships, which will be discussed in a public session and assessed by a Committee appointed by Decree of the Rector.
- 25-26th of January 2017: I classroom training
- 22-23th of February 2017: II classroom training
- 29-30th of March 2017: III classroom training
- 26-27th of April 2017: IV classroom training
- 08-12th of May 2017 or 19-23th of June 2017: first session of Interactive practical activities in small groups
- 16-20th of October 2017 o 13-17th of November 2017: second session of Interactive practical activities in small groups
- 14th of December 2017: final exam
How to apply
Applicants shall submit their application on-line at http://www.santannapisa.it/mastereco2017ENG/application.
The following documents shall be enclosed with the application:
- Curriculum vitae and qualifications;
- Transcript of all records of the Bachelor of Medicine (or equivalent), with the marks of each single exam passed and, if applicable, the final mark, issued by the applicant’s University and written either in Italian, or English,
OR (if applicable)
- equivalent sworn-declaration, drawn up as per D.P.R. 445/2000.
Master tuition fee has been fixed to € 5.000,00:
- First fee 2.500,00 euros.
- Second fee 2.500,00 euros by 31th of August 2017.
At the end of the Master Course, those students who have attended the entire teaching program and have passed all the required examinations, and will have paid all the tuition fee, will receive from Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna a Second Level Master’s Diploma in “Diagnostic and interventional applications of ultrasound in Nephrology”, in accordance with art. 3 of D.M. 270/2004.
*ERA-EDTA’s endorsement is for the promotion of education in general, therefore the specific content of the event/course is the responsibility of the organizer.