BioRobotics InstituteDownload curriculum vitae
Hello, Namaste, Ciao! Welcome to my webpage.
I am currently working as a postdoctoral fellow at the Biorobotics Institute, Sant'Anna, Pisa, in Italy. I am a part of the Microscale robotics laboratory headed by Professor Stefano Palagi. I obtained PhD from the Department of Physics, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay, Mumbai, India, in 2021. During my PhD thesis, I conducted experiments and simulations on camphor rotors moving at the air-water interface and studied their collective dynamics from a non-linear dynamics point of view. After my PhD, I did a short postdoc at the department of Physics, IIT Bombay.
Currently, I am working on simulating self-propelled point particles enclosed in different boundaries. This work is a part of the CELLOIDS: Cell-inspired particle-based intelligent microrobots project.
If you are interested in having a chat, I can be contacted at
1) “Generation of aperiodic motion due to sporadic collision of camphor ribbons” Rishabh Jain, Jyoti Sharma, Ishant Tiwari, Sangeeta D. Gadre, Suresh Kumarasamy, P. Parmananda and Awadhesh Prasad Phys. Rev. E 106, 024201 (2022)
2) “Aperiodic bursting dynamics of active rotors” Jyoti Sharma*, Ishant Tiwari, M. Rivera and P. Parmananda Phys. Rev. E 105, 014216 (2022)
3) “Chimera like states in a minimal network of active camphor ribbons” Jyoti Sharma*, Ishant Tiwari, Dibyendu Das and P. Parmananda Phys. Rev. E 103, 012214 (2021)
4) “Rotational synchronization of camphor ribbons in different geometries” Jyoti Sharma*, Ishant Tiwari, Dibyendu Das, P. Parmananda and Veronique Pimienta, Phys. Rev. E 101, 052202 (2020)
5) “Rotational synchronization of camphor ribbons” Jyoti Sharma*, Ishant Tiwari, Dibyendu Das, P. Parmananda, V. S. Akella, and Veronique Pimienta, Phys. Rev. E 99, 012204 (2019)
Please check Google Scholar Jyoti for my research publication updates.
* corresponding author
- Contributed oral presentation, CMD29 (Hybrid), Division: Emergent Phenomenon in Driven Soft, Active and Biological Matter, Manchester, UK (2022)
- Contributed oral presentation, ICSTCF (Online), University of Guanajuato, Mexico (2021)
- Oral presentation, e-SMYIM (online), India (2021)
- Poster cum snapshot presentation, SYMPHY, IIT Bombay, India (2020)
- Poster cum snapshot presentation, CDSA, Central University, Rajasthan, India (2020)
- Oral presentation, SYMPHY, IIT Bombay, India (2019)
- Poster presentation, CNSD, IIT Kanpur, India (2019)
- Poster presentation, CNSD, JNU, New Delhi, India (2018)
- Poster cum snapshot presentation, ICTP, Trieste, Italy (2018)
- Poster presentation, CDSA, IIT Guwahati, India (2017)
1) Joined Microscale Robotics lab on 1-Aug-2022 (remote) and on 19-Sept-2022 (in person)