Laura Berlingozzi is a postdoc researcher at the Dirpolis Institute. She earned her Ph.D. in Political Science, European Politics and International Relations at the Sant’Anna School of Advanced Studies in 2021. She was visiting researcher at the REPI (Recherche et Etudes en Politique Internationale) at the Université Libre de Bruxelles (ULB) and at the University Abdou Moumouni in Niamey. Her doctoral project focused on the gender dimension in the insurgencies and counterinsurgency practices in the Sahel. She holds a second level Master Diploma in Diplomacy and International Politics from the University of Bologna and a master’s degree magna cum laude in International Politics from the University of Padua. She studied at CUNY College and in Sweden. Prior to starting her Ph.D., Laura has worked for the Italian Permanent Mission to the UN in New York, and in Brussels for a number of international organisations and the European Parliament. Her main expertise lies in the fields of (critical) security and gender studies.
- Berlingozzi L. (2018), Gender and Informal Institutions, by Georgina Waylen (Ed.). London: Rowman & Littlefield International, 2017, pp. 238, Interdisciplinary Political Studies, 4:2, 161-165 DOI: 10.1285/i20398573v4n2p161
- Berlingozzi L. (2019), What about civil society? A micro-level assessment of crisis response mechanisms in Libya, Interdisciplinary Political Studies, 5:1, 115-156 DOI: 10.1285/i20398573v5n1p115
- Berlingozzi L., Piccolino G. (2019), Diverging patterns of support: The gender gap in voting behaviour in the European populist radical right, POLISπóλις, XXXIII, 3, December, pp. 423-452 DOI: 10.1424/95001
- Berlingozzi L., Stoddard E. (2020), Assessing Misaligned Counterinsurgency Practice in Niger and Nigeria, The International Spectator, DOI: 10.1080/03932729.2020.1833472
- Berlingozzi L. (2020), Displacement in the Time of Corona: Life fragments of IDPs in Mali and Niger, among intercommunal violence and armed groups proliferation, Security Praxis, 30 March, available at https://securitypraxis.eu/idp-mali-niger-coronavirus/
- Berlingozzi L. (2020), Welcome home Silvia, into the lion’s den: How gender biased narratives frame hostage liberations, Security Praxis, 14 May, available at https://securitypraxis.eu/silvia-romano-gender-biased-narratives-hostages/
- Berlingozzi L. (2020), How West African Jihadists Did (Not) Exploit the Pandemic, ISPI Commentary, 12 June, https://www.ispionline.it/it/pubblicazione/how-west-african-jihadists-did-not-exploit-pandemic-26463
- Berlingozzi L. (2021), The role of the EU in preventing, countering violent extremism in the Sahel: achievements and limitations, Security Praxis, 6 February, available at https://securitypraxis.eu/prevex-project-countering-violent-extremism-sahel-eu-role/
- Berlingozzi L., Baldaro E. (2021), In the Sahel, 20 Years of War on Terror Has Created More and Stronger Enemies, ISPI Commentary, 10 September, https://www.ispionline.it/it/pubblicazione/sahel-20-years-war-terror-has-created-more-and-stronger-enemies-31617
- Berlingozzi L., (2022) Centrali, marginali, invisibili. Analisi della dimensione di genere nelle insorgenze jihadiste nel Sahel, in Raineri L., Baldaro E. (Eds.) Jihad in Africa: terrorismo e controterrorismo nel Sahel, Il Mulino
- Berlingozzi L., (2022) O sister, where art thou? Uncovering the gender dimension in P/CVE policies in Mali, Critical Studies on Terrorism.
- Stoddard E., Berlingozzi L., Weigand F., Jackson A., Mayhew L., Bahiss I., (2022) Sahel insurgency: What policymakers need to do differently, The New Humanitarian, Link