The submission deadline for the online application is extended to June 21st, 2022, at 12.00 a.m. (Midday, Italian time)
TITLE EVALUATION: July, 5th 2022
INTERVIEW: July, 12th 2022 - starting from 9:30 a.m.
8 positions with scholarship (1 position is reserved for candidates who obtained abroad the academic degree necessary for the admission to a doctorate program) of which:
- n. 6 positions funded by Scuola
- n. 1 position funded by the Laboratory for Management and Health of the Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna for project proposals falling in the area of “Clinical networks and management of complex care pathways”
- n. 1 position funded by Fondazione Pisana per la Scienza ONLUS, for project proposals falling in the area " Detection and characterization of biomarkers associated with oncological and cardiovascular diseases".
2 positions with scholarship funded under Ministerial Decree n. 351/2022 – Ph.D. National Recovery and Resilience Plan of which:
- 1 on Topic: Molecular imaging for diagnosis and management of cancer (co-funded by IFC/CNR)
- 1 on Topic: Clinical impact of brain-heart axis abnormities in chronic heart diseases
All details about new positions and the updated amount of the scholarship are available in the attachment "Annex Call Phd Translational Medicine_New"
The number of positions may be increased if further funding becomes available.
Besides the standard PhD program, the Tuscany Foundation "Gabriele Monasterio" – FTGM, in collaboration with the Institute of Life Sciences of the School, offers a scientific-clinical track as part of the Ph.D. Programme in Translational Medicine. Eligible candidates to the scientificclinical track are Ph.D. students in Translational Medicine who hold a medical degree, the Italian “abilitazione all'esercizio della professione di medico chirurgo” and a specialty degree in one of the FTGM clinical areas, plus their research projects must be of FTGM interest. Scuola, in agreement
with the FTGM, determines the annual number of positions available for the scientific-clinical track. The Ph.D. students applying for the scientific-clinical track will be evaluated and selected by a Commission formed by four experts two designated by the Ph.D. Faculty Board and two by FTGM.
The Ph.D. students admitted to the scientific-clinical track shall receive a scholarship supplement as compensation for their clinical activities.
How to Contact Us
To obtain more information please write to the following e-mail address: