Admissions, Recruitments & Tenders
Call for admission to the Phd in BioRobotics
PLEASE NOTE: OPEN THE APPLICATIONS FOR 2 MARIE CURIE FELLOWSHIPS FOR EARLY-STAGE RESEARCHERS (ESRs) in the framework of the ATLAS program.
Deadline for the online application: January, 15th, 2019. (details about the call for the 2 Marie Curie fellowship are reported below in the section "ADDITIONAL POSITIONS".
Deadline for application submission refferred to Call 2018/2019: 01.06.2018 - 23.59 GMT
Title evaluation: June, 7th and 8th, 2018
Interview: June, 28, 2018
The general merit ranking list will be made available by 18.07.2018 instead of 11.07.2018
The PhD in BioRobotics is a full-time mandatory attendance three-year programme and is equivalent to a research doctoral programme pursuant to Italian Law no. 41 of 14 February 1987. In line with the standards of excellence pursued by the School, the Programme represents a three-year training path aimed at research activity into the themes of biomedical microengineering, biomimetic robotics, rehabilitation and assistance technologies, computer-aided surgery technologies and service robotics. A distinctive characteristic of the PhD in BioRobotics is that it trains PhD students, encouraging them and guiding them to pursue great scientific and technological challenges according to the concepts of “science-based engineering”. The PhD students will be educated and trained on modern engineering and will be able to devise and design extremely revolutionary, high quality and highly technological machines, systems and services with superior performance and of interest in terms of scientific knowledge and application, including in industry. The solutions devised by PhD students focus on human beings and Companies, according to principles of technological, environmental, social, ethical and economic sustainability.
For further information:
Candidates can also visit our thematic site:
Positions available: n. 19
- 7 with scholarship;
- 6 with scholarship fully funded by the Center for Micro-BioRobotics of the Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia. These seven fellowships will be reserved to applicants submitting Research Projects in the field of soft-bio inspired robotic and smart materials (http://mbr.iit.it/);
- 1 with scholarship funded by TuringSense EU Lab reserved for research topic: “Development of innovative methods based on wearable inertial sensors for the measurement of human movement and sports motion”;
- 5 with research fellowship lasting three years pursuant to article 22 of Italian Law 240/2010, as provided for under article 8, paragraph 3 of Italian Ministerial Decree no. 45/2013, from research funds of the BioRobotics Institute. Research grants will be assigned, based on the ranking list, to eligible candidates who have not been awarded with a scholarship. Research grant can be assigned to candidates owing the M.Sc. degree at the submission deadline.
- 2 with scholarship funded by IUVO Srl.
- 2 with scholarship funded by River Global Capital Ltd.
- NOW OPEN: 2 MARIE CURIE FELLOWSHIPS FOR EARLY-STAGE RESEARCHERS (ESRs) in the framework of the ATLAS program. Atlas is a Marie Curie European Joint Doctorate school that targets the training of experts in a very specific branch of Robotic Surgery and finances a total of 15 Marie Curie Fellowships.
The two positions will refer to the following topics:
- Magnetic driving and actuation (https://atlas-itn.eu/we-are-hiring/vacancies/): Main institution and supervisor: SSSA, A.Menciassi - Secondary institution and supervisor KU Leuven, E. Vander Poorten (rif. Call ESR 2).
- Intraluminal sensing for autonomous navigation in remote district (https://atlas-itn.eu/we-are-hiring/vacancies/): Main institution and supervisor: SSSA, A.Menciassi - Secondary institution and supervisor: UNISTRA, P. Renaud (rif. Call ESR 4).
The number of positions with scholarship may be increased if further funding becomes available, including funding originating from specific agreements pursuant to article 11 of Italian Ministerial Decree 45/2013 (Industrial PhD) or from apprenticeship contracts, pursuant to article 11 of Italian Ministerial Decree 45/2013 and article 5 of Italian Legislative Decree 167/2011 (High-level Apprenticeship PhD).
More information in attachments.
Informazioni Tel: +39.050.883.136 - + 39. 050.883.420 - +39.050.883.528