Deadline for application submission: May 31st 2023 (12:00 CEST)
TITLE EVALUATION: June, 22th 2023
INTERVIEWS: July, 3rd and 4th 2023 (soon more details)
Responsibilities of beneficiaries of Scholarships funded under MD 117/23 and MD 118/23. Read the document
The Ph.D. Programme in Emerging Digital Technologies is a full-time, mandatory attendance three-year programme with an interdisciplinary approach, which provides an exhaustive training path with structured teaching and supervised research activities with a view to producing an original thesis to discuss in a public examination.
In line with the standards of excellence pursued by the School, the objective of the programme is to train a professional figure able to successfully integrate in both national and international public and private research facilities and in companies manufacturing products or service providers operating in the field of communication, information, and perception technologies.
For further information: https://www.santannapisa.it/en/training/international-phd-course-emerging-digital-technologies
Number of positions available
n. 3 positions with scholarship, funded by Scuola Superiore Sant’ Anna
n. 2 positions with “NRRP Ph.D. Scholarships” funded by the European Union – NextGenerationEU, under the National Recovery and Resilience Plan (PNRR), Mission 4, Component 1, Investment 4.1, in compliance with Ministerial Decree n. 118/2023, and focusing on areas of interest of the PNRR.
n. 2 positions with “Digital and Green Transition Ph.D. Scholarships” funded by the European Union – NextGenerationEU, under the National Recovery and Resilience Plan (NRRP ), Mission 4, Component 1, Investment 3.4, in compliance with Ministerial Decree n. 118/2023 and focusing on subject areas and disciplines consistent with the digital transformation and green transition referred to in the PNRR.
At least 2 positions will be assigned to each of the aforementioned curricula.
n. 6 further positions with scholarship funded by the European Union – NextGenerationEU, in the framework of Mission 4, Component 2, Investment 1.3 of the National Recovery and Resilience Plan (NRRP ): Project “RESearch and innovation on future Telecommunications systems and networks, to make Italy more smART (RESTART)”, code PE00000001 – CUP B83D22001190006 of which:
• 5 within the Photonic Technologies curriculum, to carry out research activities in the following topics with respect to which the relevance of the research project presented will be assessed:
• 2 scholarships on integrated photonics for telecommunications
• 1 scholarship on wireless optical systems
• 1 scholarship on theory and techniques for optical fiber communications
• 1 scholarship on network softwarization
• 1 within the Perceptual Robotics curriculum, dedicated to carrying out research activities in the field of the topic:
• 1 scholarship on telepresence systems and infrastructures for medical applications
n. 1 futher position, within the curriculum Perceptual Robotics, with “NRRP Ph.D. Scholarship” funded by the European Union – NextGenerationEU, National Recovery and Resilience Plan (NRRP) Mission 4, Component 2, Investment 3.3, in compliance with Ministerial Decree n. 117/2023, “Introduction of innovative doctorates that respond to the innovation needs of businesses and promote the recruitment of researchers from businesses” co-funded by Wearable Robotics srl,- and focusing on the research theme “Design and development of control systems for robotic exoskeletons"
n. 1 further position with scholarship “Prof. Marco Di Natale” on one of the following themes:
- Real-time systems
- Design optimization of embedded systems
- Software for automotive systems
Further positions may be activated on the basis of additional financial resources, for specific agreements or for apprenticeship contract.
Euro 18,800.00 gross beneficiary per every year of course paid in deferred monthly installments. The amount is inclusive of social security charges. In addition, students can take advantage:
- 26 free monthly meals at the school canteen excluding academic holiday periods
- an increase of € 4.700 gross beneficiary for the period of study and research abroad, subject to the authorization of the Faculty Board
- a budget of € 5.640 to be allocated to cover expenses related to the research activity
- an additional contribution of € 2,200/year as reimbursement for accommodation costs reserved for off-site students to be paid based on Equivalent Economic Status Index (ISEE).
More information in the call and the annex to the call in attachment.