SUCCESSFUL TECHNOLOGY TRANSFER: START CUP TOSCANA - BEST HIGH-TECH BUSINESS INITIATIVES AWARD, ANNOUNCES PRIZE CEREMONY ON OCTOBER 27, THREE WINNERS WILL BE CHOSEN FROM A FIELD OF 10 FINALISTS
The 2016 Start Cup Toscana finalists have 5 minute time to present the most innovative high-tech business initiative and be awarded the prize money offered by the Tuscany Region; to transform their initiatives into a competitive firm able to face the market.
The 2016 Start Cup Toscana prize ceremony will be held on October 27 at 9.30 am, at Sant’Anna School –Pisa where 10 teams reached the finals and face each other.
The twelfth edition of Start Cup Toscana is funded by Tuscany Region and promoted by Sant’Anna School, in collaboration with Pisa and Lucca Schools of Advanced Studies (Scuola Normale Superiore and Imt Alti Studi Lucca), and Universities of Siena and Firenze. Monica Barni, vice president of Tuscany Region and councilor for culture, research and university affairs.
On October 27, ten groups will deliver a 5-minute project pitch. The candidates will present their business strategy, the market perspectives and explain their innovative ideas to start a company. Prize winner will receive 5,000 euro, 3,000 euro is awarded to second winning project and 2,000 euro to the third. Winners of the Start Cup Toscana are eligible to participate in the Italian National Innovation Award competition to be held in December 2016.
The projects listed below are the 2016 finalists at Sant’Anna School:
1. Argo, ICT sector, propone standard applicativi e progettuali che consentano la creazione di prodotti software/hardware per droni.
2. Co-robotics, Industry sector, presenta una soluzione robotica avanzata per il telecare e il cleaning professionale in strutture residenziali di assistenza e ambienti casalinghi.
3. Genando, Life Sciences sector, sviluppa servizi di genetica personalizzata.
4. I.t.a. Waste, Cleantech&Energy sector, propone la produzione di una pietra artificiale da rifiuti e materiale di scarto con aspetto simile alla pietra antica.
5. Intuendi, ICT sector, con progettazione e sviluppo di una applicazione Web di demand planning con modello Software as a Service, per PMI.
6. Magister, ICT sector – Agrifood, ha realizzato un software applicativo, contenuti e servizi in grado di “guidare” gli Operatori del sector alimentare (OSA) e settori collegati.
7. Navigate, Industry sector, presenta un sistema di guida integrato che permette alle persone ipo-vedenti di navigare all’interno di un ambiente indoor mediante dispositivi aptici.
8. Petrorov, Industry sector, con una piattaforma robotica per analisi multi-parametriche del suolo.
9. Tennis Commander, ICT sector, propone un software di monitoraggio delle performance dedicato ai tennisti compatibile con smartwatch.
10. TTSB, Cleantech&Energy sector, la cui idea innovativa è batteria ricaricabile ad alte prestazioni realizzata soltanto con materiali a basso costo (zinco e manganese).
Register here to attend the StartCup Toscana prize award ceremony.
SANT’ANNA ACHIEVES HIGHEST EVER POSITION IN THE TIMES HIGHER EDUCATION RANKINGS: IT IS FOURTH IN THE WORLD IN THE YOUNG UNIVERSITY RANKINGS 2020. TIMES HIGHER EDUCATION AND ELSEVIER PARTNERS ANNOUNCE THE RESULTS IN THIS YEAR’S LEAGUE TABLE
Sant’Anna School continues to make progress in the World Young University Rankings. The THE – Times Higher Education in partnership...
Sant’Anna School offers intensive “Seasonal Schools”: 14 virtual and face to face traditional courses in October 2020 and September 2021 on latest cutting-edge research in photonics, circular economy, and data science in healthcare
With the core objective of presenting new approaches in higher education to photonics, circular economy and data science in healthcare, the...
Scuola Normale and Sant’Anna School selected by the European Commission to join the EELISA - European Engineering Learning Innovation and Science Alliance with seven research centers and universities in France, Germany, Spain, Turkey, Romania and Hungary
On July 9, 2020, the European Commission announced Scuola Normale Superiore and Sant’Anna School (Pisa) will join the European Engineering...