EMbeDS regularly acquires databases and software critical to its scientific and educational mission. Among the latest acquisitions (2019 and 2020) are:
● CRSP US Stock Databases provided by the University of Chicago Booth School of Business. CRSP comprises daily and monthly market and corporate action data for over 32,000 active and inactive securities with primary listings on the NYSE, NYSE MKT, NASDAQ, Arca and Bats exchanges. They include CRSP broad market indexes, as well as comprehensive corporate action information and highly accurate total return calculations
● ORBIS and ZEPHYR provided by Bureau van Dijk. ORBIS contains rich, comprehensive and standardized data on over 280 million companies across the globe. ZEPHYR contains up-to-date information on M&A, IPO, private equity and venture capital deals and rumours. Some training sessions were also provided by BvD to our community
● Crunchbase provided by Crunchbase Inc. This is a database of innovative companies, providing comprehensive information on start-up activity and financing within and across countries. It comprises data on technology companies, key people, investors, types of investors, funding rounds, types of funding, acquisitions and events
● Qualtrics. Qualtrics is an online survey software to design surveys with drag-and-drop tools, powerful logic, 100+ question types, and pre-built survey templates
● Nvivo. Nvivo is a software comprising qualitative data in the context of research on maternal and child health. Nvivo is used for the analysis of the questionnaires of the systematic survey on the birth path that involves women from the beginning of pregnancy, up to one year of age of the child and for the analysis of in-depth interviews
● SHDB. SHDB is a database identifying social risks in supply chains through data classified by country and sector, and methodology for quantifying social impacts. SHDB provides insight into social hotspots in product supply chains, covering 140 countries and regions and 57 economic sectors. The database includes an extensive list of indicators on labour rights, health and safety, human rights, governance, and community infrastructure
● NRG METRICS. NRG METRICS provides a database on board members compensation comprising 22 countries for the period 2011-2019 and covering over 5200 listed companies. The compensation data includes more than 50 variables concerning executives compensation, directors compensation, ownership guidelines, compensation consultants, non-executive fees and CEO pay ratio.
The databases and software licenses are available to all faculty, researchers and students in our community, as well as collaborators from other institutions, through the Library of the Sant'Anna School. EMbeDS will continue securing access to critical data sources.