Istituto di Diritto, Politica e SviluppoScarica il curriculum vitae
Giulia Bosi is a PhD Candidate in Public International Law (PhD programme in Human Rights and Global Politics) at Sant’Anna School of Advanced Studies in Pisa, Italy. Her main areas of interest are International Human Rights Law (IHRL), International Humanitarian Law (IHL), and Global and European Health Law. More specifically, her expertise lies in the right to health, the provision of healthcare in armed conflict, and European patient mobility. Her research project focuses on the protection of mental health in IHRL and IHL.
She holds a Law Degree (LLB + LLM, summa cum laude) from University of Bologna, where she was awarded as one of the best law students out of more than 5,000 people for three consecutive years, and an LLM in Transnational Law (distinction) from King’s College London.
Before starting the PhD, Giulia worked as research assistant for the Transnational Law Institute in London, as legal trainee for the United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights in Geneva and for the European Organisation for Rare Diseases in Brussels. She also volunteered for various NGOs in countries such as Brazil, Peru, Tanzania and South Africa.
In January 2021, she was appointed by the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs as Italian Delegate for Health to the G7 Youth, the official youth engagement group for the G7. She is also collaborating with the Italian Ministry of Health in the context of the Global Health Security Agenda, an international partnership to achieve a world safe from global health threats posed by infectious diseases.
- Public International Law
- International Human Rights Law
- International Humanitarian Law
- Global Health Law
- European Union Law
- European Union Health Law
- Bosi G. Book Review: Shinya Murase and Suzanne Zhou (eds), ‘Epidemics and International Law’ (Brill, 2021). Yearbook of International Disaster Law. [Forthcoming].
- Bosi G. Tobacco Control and The Council of Europe: The Potential and Limits of the Collective Complaints Procedure of the European Social Charter. European Journal of Health Law. Advance Articles. 2022.
- Bosi G. Expanding EU Competence in Health? The Need for and Feasibility of Treaty Change. EU Law Live - Weekend Edition n.107. 2022.
- Alabrese M, Bosi G, Schettini C. Food Insecurity and Insurgency of Eating Disorders: a Legal and Policy Appraisal. Global Jurist. 2022.
- De Santis M, Hervas C, Weinman A, Bosi G, Bottarelli V. Patient Empowerment of People Living with Rare Diseases. Its Contribution to Sustainable and Resilient Healthcare Systems. Annali dell’Istituto Superiore di Sanità – A Science Journal for Public Health. 2019; 55(3): 283-291.
- Bosi G. Overcoming the 'Soft vs Hard Law' Debate in the Development of New Global Health Instruments. Opinio Juris. 30 November 2021.
- De Angelis R, Guillaume C, Boniolo F, Zibapour M, Ambrosone T, Pallan R., Bosi G, Dupuis E. Carestie: i delegati italiani e canadesi dello Youth 7 chiedono un’azione decisa. The Map Report. 15 June 2021.
- Aletta Jacobs School of Public Health Junior Research Meetup on Mental Health (2023) – University of Groningen
- Universal Health Coverage: The Right to Health in Time of Health Emergencies (2022) – University of Campania Luigi Vanvitelli
- International Society for Health and Human Rights Conference (2022) – Pontificia Universidad Javeriana, Bogotà
- International One Health Conference (2022) – University of Catania
- International Conference on Tobacco, Law and Human Rights (2022) – University of Groningen
- Health Law PhD Day (2022) – University of Groningen
- The Politics of Health in the EU, with Prof. de Ruijter (2022) – European Association of Health Law conference
- EAHL PhD Workshop (2022) – European Association of Health Law conference
- Mental Health in Academia (2022) – Sant’Anna School of Advanced Studies
- The War in Ukraine: an International Law Perspective (2022) – Sant’Anna School of Advanced Studies
- Cura, innovazione e sostenibilità: un nuovo paradigma di sviluppo, Alma Fest (2021) – University of Bologna
- International Organizations’ Action in Times of Covid-19: Law-making by Expertise and Soft Law (2021) – European Society of International Law Annual Conference
- Human Rights and Future International Health Challenges: A New Pandemic Treaty? (2022) – HIKMA Summit
- The Importance of Sustainable Development for Good Health (2022) – Junior Chamber International Mauritius
- PhD-related Stress: An Open Discussion (2021) – Sant’Anna School of Advanced Studies
- World Mental Health Day Event (2021) – Future Leaders Network
- Climate Action Now (2021) – The Climate Reality Project
- Climate and Health: the Need of the Hour: Addressing the Pandemic with the One Health Approach (2021) – YOUNGO, the UNFCCC constituency of Youth NGOs
- Raise the Ambition (2021) – The Climate Reality Project
- Di sana e robusta formazione: salute mentale, dottorandi, specializzandi e altre cose di cui si parla poco (2021) – Associazione Dottorandi e Dottori di Ricerca in Italia & FederSpecializzandi
- COVID-19 & Community Resilience (2021) – Climate Social Forum
- Festa della Repubblica (2021) – Municipality of Zola Predosa, Bologna
- FixIt, Panel Salute (2021) – PoliEnergy Torino
- G7 Youth Summit (2021) – UK Government
- Lecture "Healthcare Governance: International and Regional Context" – for the course European Union Health Law, Master in Legal Studies, University of Bologna (2022)
- Lecture "Global Health Governance and Global Health Law: Actors, Processes and Norms" – for the course Global Politics Definitions, PhD in Human Rights, Sant’Anna School of Advanced Studies (2021)
- Lecture “European Union & Global Health Governance” – for the course European Union Health Law, Master in Legal Studies, University of Bologna (2021)
- Lecture “Diritto Internazionale dei Diritti Umani e dei Rifugiati: nozioni base” for civil service volunteers – NGO Agenzia Scalabriniana per la Cooperazione allo Sviluppo (2021)
- Lecture “Le Nazioni Unite” for second-year high school students – Istituto A. Zanarini, Modena (2020)
- Lecture “Introduzione ai Diritti Umani” for second-year high school students – Istituto A. Zanarini, Modena (2020)
- G7, Giulia Bosi relatrice per l’Italia – Il Resto del Carlino
- Tre donne celebrate con il “Matilde d’oro” – Il Resto del Carlino
- Clima, digitalizzazione, salute mentale. I pilastri del G7 dei giovani – The Huffington Post
- G7 Youth Summit: Giulia bosi, doctoral candidate in human rights at Sant'anna School, was selected as one of the four Italian "young ambassadors" (with mandate on health) after winning a call for applications from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs – Sant’Anna Magazine
- Intervista a Giulia Bosi – University of Bologna Alumni Association