- Sede Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna
- Periodo di svolgimento November 2022
- Ore formazione 36
The Course is promoted by the IEEE Robotics and Automation Society (RAS) TCs on Digital Manufacturing and Human-Centered Automation, on Automation in Logistics, and on Semiconductor Manufacturing Automation.
Its technical and educational content is focused on how Digital Technologies, in particular Robotics and Automation, deeply transformed the Manufacturing processes in the light of the worldwide increasing awareness on Sustainability issues and the pivotal role of human workers within the Factory.
In addition, it addresses the immense impact of the Covid-19 pandemic, that pushed the boundaries of technology to their limits with the increasing demand for more accurate global supply chain processes, faster delivery, and greater productivity to ensure that the flow of goods between, and within, countries continued uninterrupted.
The teaching objective of this Course is to train the audience in terms of both technical and scientific perspective on the Digital Technologies and Solutions which transformed the Manufacturing processes and the Logistics / Supply Chain after the outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic.
In a nutshell, the topics to be addressed cover the whole path from the production of goods to the final delivery to customers (from the Factory to households):
• Digital Manufacturing Processes
• Technologies (Collaborative Robots, Mobile robots, Drones)
• Sustainable and Human-Centered approaches, including safety and work fatigue mitigating issues
• Logistics 5.0 and the global Supply Chain
• First and Last Mile
• Distribution and fulfilment centres
• High-throughput Dark (automated) Warehouses
• Socio-economic, ethics and legal aspects related to the integration of Digital Technologies and human workers.
Eligible candidates are students (preferably IEEE RAS student members) with a Master's Degree in Logistics, Engineering, Economics, Political and Social Sciences, or any other course related to the main topics of the Seasonal School.
The official language of the course is English.
Period: November 2022.