First Level Master's Diploma
Human Rights and Conflict Management
MASTER IN HUMAN RIGHTS AND CONFLICT MANAGEMENT – XX EDITION
- 1st round: July 19th, 2021
- 2nd round: October 20th, 2021
APPLICATION ON LINE OPEN SOON
The Master in Human Rights and Conflict Management is designed to provide students from different cultures and backgrounds with a deep understanding of the linkages between human rights and conflict management theory and practice. The curriculum, strongly field oriented, prepares participants for working with NGOs, governments, aid agencies, the UN system and regional organisations, also operating in the context of complex emergencies and joint operations.
Candidates looking for a professionalizing and mission/field oriented international master programme. The Master is a competitive programme open to a maximum of 28 candidates.
The main educational goals of the Master in Human Rights and Conflict Management are as follows:
- To train high-rank professionals who will work in design, management and monitoring positions within the programs and actions promoted by national, regional, international or non-governmental organisations, for the double purpose of protecting human rights and preventing, mitigating or solving conflicts.
- To train professionals who will combine, in a dynamic, non-sequential way, critical knowledge and technical-operational skills as the key components of an extremely professional service in complex situations.
- To train professionals who are aware of the mutual connections between the protection of human rights and conflict management, and who possess a sound juridical and methodological background and practical-operational skills in such areas.
- To train professionals who, in the design and management of actions and in decision-making processes, will keep into account the historical, geopolitical, economic dimensions as well as the “gender” component and the complexity of the intercultural relations.
The methodology is characterized by a combination of theory and practice. There is ample use of advanced role-playing sessions, simulation exercises, and case study material.
The Master starts on January 11th, 2022 and runs until Spring 2023. The syllabus of the Master Programme, in addition to individual studying and the preparation of a final written project (project work), will cover about 440 hours of classroom lectures and 480 hours of internship. Classroom lectures are from Monday to Friday and run from 11th January to 31st July 2022. The internship lasts three or more months starting from August/September 2022.
How to apply
The Master is a competitive programme open to a maximum of 28 candidates.
Candidates must meet the following minimum requirements:
(1) Have a three-year (at least) university degree or equivalent. Students expecting to graduate before December 31, 2021 are also eligible.
(2) Understand, speak and write English at least at LEVEL B2, (CEFR for Languages, CoE).
The tuition fee for the full Programme is 7.500 euros, payable in two installments. It covers the following: attendance costs and participation to field trips, didactic material (in electronic format), tutorship, lunch (on class and exam days), access to all facilities of the Scuola. It does not include accommodation costs in Pisa and during the internship, nor travel expenses.
An early bird discount is reserved for candidates applying for the first round of selection set on 19th July 2022. For early birds, the course fee is 6.500,00 euros, payable in two instalments of 3.250 euros each.
A limited number of partial waivers could be available, depending on financial availabilities, to citizens of non-OECD countries who are eligible for release of a visa for Italy. Selected applicants may apply for the partial waiver of the tuition fee by motivating their request in a detailed manner on their application form. Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna reserves the right to determine the amount of each contribution and the awarding criteria
At the end of the Master Programme, those students who have regularly attended and have passed all the required examinations and paid the tuition fee will receive from Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna a Master Diploma (I Level), in accordance with art. 3 of the Italian DM no. 270/2004.