ERIS is a group addressing emerging fields of research in international/transnational politics, with a focus on regional security, critical geopolitics and political economy. We study conflict and social change with attention to dynamics of peripheralization, control and liberation. Our main research lines cluster around:
- critical approaches to security: security (and humanitarian) discourses, practices and technologies;
- reconfigurations of territoriality and regional security models: critical border studies, hybrid security orders, extra-legal economies and resource wars;
- state formation and transformation: transnational organised crime, terrorism, foreign fighters.
Our research projects focus on the MENA region, the Sahel and West Africa, Eastern Europe, the Caucasus and the Balkans.
Our research blog:
- (2017-18) EUNPACK - A conflict sensititve unpacking of the EU comprehensive approach to conflict and crisis mechanism, funded by the EU H2020
- 2018) CREATES - Creating Responsive Engaging and Tailored Education with Students, funded by the European Commission through the Erasmus+ program
- Working paper on the implementation of EU crisis response in Libya (2018), with contributions by Luca Raineri and Francesco Strazzari
- Working paper on the implementation of EU crisis response in Ukraine (2018), with contributions by Alessandra Russo
- Triggering Terror Illicit Gun Markets and Firearms Acquisition of Terrorist Networks in Europe (2018), edited by Nils Duquet, with contributions by Francesco Strazzari and Francesca Zampagni
- Policy brief: A summary of perception studies in Ukraine (2017), with contributions by Alessandra Russo
- Policy brief: Perceptions about the EU’s Crisis Response in Libya (2017), with contributions by Luca Raineri
Source: Mario Ragazzi: www.ragazziconsulting.com